Careers at Stoermer Insurance Brokers
Sales/Marketing – Entry Level Position
Are you searching for a job where you’ll be an integral part of shaping the immediate growth of an organization? Do you want to work in a fast-paced setting while building relationships with a customer base that’s already established?
If so, take a few minutes to continue reading.
Stoermer Insurance Brokers has been around for over 50 years helping retail insurance agents in the Midwest with hard-to-place coverage. Over the next 5 years, we plan to expand our footprint with our existing customer base and venture into new uncharted territories for our organization. In order to make that happen, we need to hire bright, hardworking, motivated people with an entrepreneurial spirit.
This full-time, entry-level role consists of a 24-month training and development program that will prepare the participant to become an insurance sales professional. The focus of the training program will be to increase client activity (new submissions, quotes, and premium) by going into insurance agents’ offices and promoting our state-of-the-art web-based and telephone quoting systems.
The position includes a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
Essential Functions of the Role
Driving new business from our existing customers by performing the following tasks:
- Conduct 20 in-person sales meetings a week to demonstrate web and phone quoting capabilities and set insurance retailers up on the web quoting system upon successful
- Weekly reporting of sales meetings that occurred and a detailed schedule of meetings for the following week.
- Timely follow-up and continuous communication with customers/prospects to take advantage of opportunities.
- Systematic prospecting and arranging meetings with potential new customers, and with customers that have not reached their potential.
- Identify and establish a relationship with the key agency contacts; making sure we are doing business with the right people in each operation.
- Work with the customer’s team to review activity to spot trends (both positive and negative) and address these trends immediately.
- Establish an active relationship with the Regional Sales Manager and regularly discuss strategy and tactics including sales issues, travel, and follow-up.
- Pursue continuing education and insurance designations/licenses as outlined in the training and development plan. This will require self-study.
- 80% of time is spent in the field visiting customers
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Candidate expected to attend a two-week insurance boot camp and participate in a two-day annual sales conference in Wayne, PA just outside of Philadelphia
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
Submit your resume along with a cover letter to Jason Stoermer (email@example.com) for consideration.
Processing Specialist - Entry Level
Are you searching for a job where you’ll be an integral part of managing the day to day administrative functions of an organization? Do you want to work in a fast-paced setting where you will be a key piece in helping an organization grow?
If so, take a few minutes to continue reading.
Stoermer Insurance Brokers has been around for 50 years helping retail insurance agents in Ohio and Kentucky with hard to place insurance coverage. Over the next 5 years we plan to expand our footprint with our existing customer base as well as venture into new uncharted territories for our organization. In order to make that happen, we need to hire bright, hardworking, motivated people with a keen attention to detail to help manage our daily administrative functions.
The position includes a competitive salary and benefit package.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Timely issue policies and endorsements for the insurance companies we represent.
- Process cancellations, reinstatements, inspections and order loss runs.
- File taxes for our surplus lines business.
- Accurately create invoices as business is bound.
- Create pending items for accounts that require more information.
- Manage and direct all incoming phone calls in a courteous, upbeat and professional manner.
- Generate audit letters and finance payoff letters.
- Handle all claim reporting as necessary.
- Produce all new files as necessary and manage the mail functions of the office.
- Participate in or handle special projects, as needed.
- BA/BS degree is preferred. Business or technology related degree is a plus.
- Previous experience in an office setting is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and information integrity.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain standards of quality and quantity of output as established by management.
- Desire and drive to foster teamwork in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well within a team and to continually learn in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Stoermer Insurance Brokers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Position will come with competitive compensation and benefits package.
Submit resume along with cover letter to Jason Stoermer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.